Step by Step: Creating coupons
Tempt your users to make the purchase
Presspoint supports coupons to help drive sales.
Coupons drive sales. You can create percentage off coupons or an absolute dollar (or your currency of choice) amount.
In this tutorial, we will enable coupons, then create a new coupon with some limits to safeguard against abuse.
From the Dashboard, go to Commerce >> Settings and click on the Coupons & Credits tab.
- Turn on Coupons
- If you want, rename from “Coupon” to something else like “Special Discount For You”
Create a new coupon
From the Dashboard, go to Commerce >> Coupons, or click from the left hand Presspoint nav, then click New Coupon
- Click New Coupon
- Give the coupon a name
- Fill in percentage or dollar amount: Do NOT use $ or % symbols!
- Select if this is limited to certain groups of customers (via Saved Searches) or by product
- Select how many times this coupon can be used
- Select expiration date for this coupon