Presspoint Commerce is made up of several process areas that work together towards the singular goal of collecting payments for just about any purpose.
Presspoint has three distinct stages in a transaction’s life:
1. Items. These are the items you set up in Presspoint. They may be part of the “Store”, They may be part of the “Payment Objects” or they may be any post or page in WordPress where Financial Details have been added to enable commerce to happen.
2. Cart/Invoice. When someone prepares to make a donation or make a purchase on your site, they will add something to the “cart”. If you are preparing an invoice for someone, you are adding those items to an internal “cart” when you create an invoice. The purpose of the cart or invoice is to collect items for processing.
3. Receipt Items/Payment Plans. When a cart or invoice is processed it sends the items to the user’s history as a “Receipt Item” or a “Payment Plan.”
Presspoint has two distinct types of transactions:
1. Receipt Items. A receipt is proof that someone has acquired an item or items. Presspoint automatically breaks receipts down in to “receipt items” so that they appear individually in a user’s history or, allows you to search for items in the Reports section.
2. Payment Plans. A Payment plan is a time-based schedule that Presspoint uses to group and track related receipt items. Often used for membership payments that recur regularly or planned installment payments towards a final balance.
Presspoint can process transactions according to the following methods:
1. Purchases. The most common method, this is a transaction with no tax-deductible benefit.
2. Donations. Are deductible from someone’s taxes.
3. Affiliates Links. Allows you to redirect payments to another site for payment and are not recorded internally in Presspoint.