Presspoint ships with the required systems to leverage Google Maps’ APIs to geolocate and display your users. You can create a map from a saved query, include a map on a contact directory and display search results on a map as well.
To enable mapping you simply need to do the following three things:
- Include at least an Address Group field on your profiles to collect address information that can be converted to map coordinates when inputting and updating your profiles.
- Enable Google Maps by choosing your settings under the Content > Maps Settings Page
- Acquire and install a Google Maps API Key (see below for instructions)
To acquire your Google Maps API Key follow the steps below:
- Go to https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/user-guide/
- Click “Get Started” – this will walk you through the steps of creating a project and a Google Account, if you don’t have one already
- Once the initial setup is complete, verify that you have enabled the following:
- Google Maps Javscript API
- Google Maps Geocoding API